Another Suspected Drug Dealer Arrested by Danbury Police
Another suspected drug dealer is off the streets. The Danbury Police Special Investigations Division took 22-year-old Cristopher Marcos into custody yesterday (8/15) for several drug related charges, firearm possession and risk of injury to a child.
In a press release, Danbury Police say they had several complaints of suspicous actions and began an investigation, monitoring Marcos for several weeks. Yesterday, (8/15) after they watched several alleged drug interactions at a drive-thru lane of a Danbury restaurant, Police arrested 22-year-old Ahmad Azhran for Possession of a Controlled Substance.
Police obtained search and seizure warrants from The Superior Court and followed Marcos to a bank on Main Street. A search of his vehicle turned up a substantial amount of cash, several illegal drugs and a .40 caliber pistol with no serial number and ammunition in his possession. Police report they then searched Marcos' Osborne Street residence where his girlfriend and their 11-month-old child also reside. Police notified DCF to investigate the home situation. Bond was set at $150,000 for the following charges:
- Possession of a Controlled Substance
- Possession of a Controlled Substance With Intent To Sell (<.5 ounce)
- Possession of a Controlled Substance With Intent To Sell within 1500 feet of a prohibited place
- Possession of a Controlled Substance With within 1500 feet of a prohibited place
- Sale of a Controlled Substance
- Possession of Drug Paraphenalia
- RIsk of Injury to a Child
- Criminal Possession of a Firearm
Danbury Police have had a busy week. Earlier this week they also arrested 25-year-old Ryan Santos of New Milford on drug and child endangerment charges.