Top 5 Christmas Movies to Get You Into the Holiday Spirit
It's almost the most wonderful time of the year, and there's a pretty cool local way to feel like you're actually at the North Pole.
On Saturday, December 10th, Kicks 105.5 and the Crowne Plaza in Danbury is hosting A Night at the North Pole. You and your family can spend some time at Santa's make shift North Pole right here in Danbury. There will be a penguin pool party, a bounce house, free head phones from Bach to Rock for the first 100 guests, and movies in Santa's Cineplex.
I'm a huge fan of holiday movies. Seriously, I watch Christmas movies in July. Here are some of my favorite movies that put me in the Holiday spirit:
5. The Polar Express- The scene on train with the hot chocolate? Hands down one of my favorite scenes in any animated film. So much fun and full of Christmas spirit.
4. It's a Wonderful Life - When I was in 6th grade, our middle school principal made the whole school watch It's a Wonderful Life the day before holiday break. I wasn't thrilled then, however, as I've grown older the more I appreciate the film.
3. White Christmas - It's one of my mother's favorite movies, so I've adopted it as one of my favorites as well. When I see Lifetime playing it hours in a row, I know the holidays are here.
2. The Santa Clause - Tim Allen at his best. I was recently talking to a bunch of my friends (we're all in our late 20s) and we agreed that The Santa Clause makes us believe in Santa Claus again.
1. Elf - This has to be one of the best Christmas movies ever. Yes, I said EVER. It's funny and heartwarming, and just ridiculous enough to be a classic Will Ferrell movie.