Talented Teens Rock the House to Benefit the Ridgefield Playhouse
It's been my honor over the last eight years to serve as one of three judges for BandJam. The musical talent exhibited by these teenagers is mind blowing which is why I come back year after year and you too can see these kids play their hearts out this Sunday, April 30 beginning at 4pm. For details, click on ridgefieldplayhouse.com.
This year's BandJam will be recorded for use on national television in association with the show Wonderama on the CW WPIX network. And now ladies and gentlemen, I give you the 8 finalists for BandJam 2017.
MIDDLE SCHOOL FINALISTS
- 2 MINUTE MINORS - Ridgefield, Weston, and South Salem
- ABBY AND THE ROADSTERS - South Salem, New Fairfield, Danbury & Katonah
- RED - Stamford & Monroe
- SOLID - Ridgefield, Wilton & Redding
HIGH SCHOOL FINALISTS
- GILBERT - Westchester, NY
- MR. BOY - Fairfield, CT
- ORBIT - Weston, CT
- THE PLAYMATES - Southbury, CT
- ETHAN CAREY - Morning Show Host at I-95 WRKI
- BASSIST DAVE ANDERSON - One of the most in-demand session bassists for the last 30 years, Dave has worked with Art Garfunkel, Blood, Sweat & Tears, Smokey Robinson, Donna Summer, Michael McDonald, and many jazz greats.
- VANEESE THOMAS - Vaneese is an amazingly talented vocalist, songwriter, producer, and actor and has worked with some of the greats like Arethan Franklin, Sting, Stevi Wonder, Michael Jackson, Celine Dion, and Eric Clapton.
The concept of BandJam was an idea implemented by three high school teens to financially help out the Ridgefield Playhouse which was struggling to survive in 2010. Since then, BandJam has raised over $100,000 for the cause. If you're a music lover, do yourself a favor and call one of your music loving friends and spend $20 to see these talented teens play their hearts out. It's an inspirational experience!