Nine Amazing Breweries and Brew Pubs in the Danbury Area
If you're looking for a great selection of quality beers in the Danbury area, I've done the research for you. Here's my Greater Danbury Area Beer Trail.
I'm sick and tired of all the major beer, food, and activity websites ignoring Western Connecticut. I understand that our population numbers don't compare with Bridgeport, Norwalk, Stamford, and their area towns, BUT, here in northern Fairfield County, we also have some quality restaurants and brew pubs. Thanks to beeradvocate.com, here are some fine locations to grab a bite and a quality beer.
1. Black Hog Brewing Co. - Located in Oxford, Black Hog offers flights, pints, merchandise, growler and squealer refills, along with many flavors of hand crafted brews.
2. Buffalo Wild Wings - Located at 26 Backus Ave in Danbury, BWW has a sweet selection of craft, imported, and domestic beers that go perfectly with your favorite flavor of wings.
3. G.W. Tavern - Located at 20 Bee Brook Road in Washington Depot, G.W offers beer flights and selections from breweries around the state to go along with their gourmet comfort food.
4. Kent Falls Brewing Company/An American Farmhouse Brewery - Located in an actual farmhouse at 33 Camps Road, in Kent, I counted at least 22 beers that are crafted at Kent Falls Brewing.
5. Little Pub - I love this place! I counted 75 different beers on their website! Amazing, plus their menu is funky and unique. Go there! They're located at 26 Danbury Road(Rt. 7) in Ridgefield.
6. Meeting House Pub - This is one of the newest brew pubs to pop up, located at the site of the old La Fortuna restaurant at 37 Stony Hill Rd. in Bethel. The restaurant is gigantic, the food is excellent, and there's 40 beers on tap. Yowza!
7. OEC Brewery - Located at 7 Fox Hollow Road in Oxford, they call themselves the Eccentric Brewers and their goal is to create ales and concoctions of fantastic aromas and flavors.
8. Stanziato's Wood Fired Pizza - A pizzeria that offers a unique selection of craft beers? That's correct. Located at 35 Lake Ave. Ext. in Danbury, not only is Stanziato's an award winning pizza restaurant, the beer selection is equally impressive.
9. Widow Brown's Cafe - Located across the street from Stew Leonards at 128 Federal Road in Danbury, Widows is getting ready to celebrate their 40th anniversary in 2017 providing good food, fun, music on the weekends, and an impressive array of craft beers by the bottle and on tap.