How Sinful Are People In Connecticut And New York?
Ever wonder how sinful your friends and neighbors are in Connecticut and New York?Now you can find out thanks to a list that is out at WalletHub.com.
Here's what they did to figure out the degree of immorality in each of the 50 states: WalletHub.com used 43 key indicators of sinful behavior that included things like violent crimes, excessive drinking and gambling disorders, and came up with rankings in categories like anger & hatred, jealousy, excesses & vices, greed, lust, vanity and laziness.
Here's how Connecticut and New York fared in this sinful survey:
- Connecticut placed 38th out of the 50 states, while New York was a bit more sinful coming in 24th out of 50 states.
- Connecticut had a 33.97 Vice Index compared with New York's 43.84.
- Connecticut was the state with more greed coming in 32nd, much higher then New York, which placed near the bottom of the greed list at 49th.
- As far as lust goes, Connecticut was near the bottom of the list at 47, while New York lusts much more coming in 24th.
- New York was the angrier state coming in 31st, while Connecticut came in 47th, but Connecticut seems to have more jealous people coming in 23rd on the list, while New York placed 34th.
- Finally when it came to vanity, New York topped the list at #1, while Connecticut was in 18th place.
Overall, the most sinful state is one you would expect -- Nevada. And the least sinful state in the country wasn't a surprise either -- it's Vermont.
Some other local facts that came from the study, New York has more beauty salons per capita than any other state, and Connecticut was one of the states that spent the least amount of time on adult entertainment sites.