Connecticut Sam’s Clubs Closing — Some in New York Too
Sam’s Clubs are shuttering their doors in at least 63 locations across the nation. Which ones are closed or closing here?
According to USA Today, Walmart’s sister savings club properties are shutting down two Connecticut locations, and four in New York. The four in New York are way upstate, and in Western New York. They are quite far away, but the loss of the Connecticut stores hits closer to home.
Here are the Connecticut closures:
- Sam’s Club Manchester, 69 Pavilions Drive, Connecticut 06042
- Sam’s Club Orange, 2 Boston Post Road, Connecticut 06477
If you just laid out money for a membership there is a 100% satisfaction guarantee that comes with it, that the stores advertise, so you’re entitled to a refund. You can request one online on the membership cancellation page, or call Sam's Clubs customer service at 888-746-7726.
It looks like the reason for this decision is fierce competition from Amazon, and the company is heading in a different direction tackling their online opponent.
Read More Local Stories:
- Five Guys In Brookfield Mysteriously Closes Without Warning
- Mark Boughton Keeps Promise, Makes Official Announcement On the Air
- Greater Danbury Restaurants Named CT's Best in 12 Categories
- Winter Playground Officially Opens for Connecticut Residents
- Danbury Police: 3 Arrested in Association With String of Armed Robberies
Bonus: Five Guys on Federal Rd. Mysteriously Closes:
Bonus: The Hatters' Monument in Danbury, CT Is Unveiled