You Know You Are From New Milford If…
I did not grow up in New Milford, but I lived here years ago and I do now. I think you will enjoy this list if you do.
- You know how to get to Deed's Pizza
- You have kayaked to the Big Y in a heavy rainstorm.
- Family and friends from out of town don't bother visiting because there is no good way to get to you.
- You get asked for loose change and cigarettes outside Archway.
- Anytime you give someone directions, it involves a tank, a bridge and a railroad.
- You know the most important thing to do before a softball game is to hit up the "packy."
- There is 1 liquor store, tattoo parlor or Italian restaurant for every 100 people in your town.
- There are 8 -10 Dunkin' Donuts within a 2 mile area in your town.
- Owning a truck is a status symbol.
- You spend time defending your town to people who just don't get it.
- If a great summer night for you is taking a walk to the green to let the kids play in the gazebo and jump off the tank.
- You saw Clarence Clemons at the Cookhouse when it was Riley's.
- You know a trip from the Elephant's Trunk to Faith Church on a Sunday could take 25 mins.
- You have put on nice clothes to attend an event at the Sports Arena.
- You've passed a baseball field and smelled chicken bouillon.
- Hearing a banjo means bad things are about to happen. (That does not necessarily mean what you think it does but New Milford people will get it)
- You found a hobo sunning himself on your front lawn. (True story)
- You have had a cop stop traffic for you to wobble across the street leaving Oktoberfest.
- You know making a left into or out of the Taco Bell parking lot means taking your life in your own hands.
- Your mouth starts to water when the Clamp's sign goes up.
Do you have any? We would love to hear them. Leave your comment here.