Where to Find Ten of the Best Burgers in the Greater Danbury Area
Where are the best burgers in town? Do you like to drown your burger with all kinds of toppings?
Currently the internet publication, the Daily Voice has been asking its readers to name the best burger in Fairfield County. Five finalists have been chosen, two of which are in Ridgefield, The Hideaway and the Little Pub. Once again, I see no mention of any Danbury eateries. If you were given the task of choosing the best burger joint in the Danbury area, which restaurant would you name?
Between Yelp.com ratings and my personal preferences, the following are 10 of the best burgers you can wrap your tastebuds around in greater Danbury.
- Social 46 – Located at 35 Lake Ave. Ext where Prespa used to be. Social 46 scores a 4.5/5 on Yelp.com., and gets rave reviews for its Social Burger which includes a sunny side up egg, aged cheddar, bacon, cilantro aioli on a brioche bun. Sounds like a food orgasm to me!
- O’Brien’s Sports Bar & Pub – You’ll find O’Brien’s at 83 Lake Ave. in Danbury. Yelp reviewers give O’Brien’s a 4.5/5 and give two thumbs-up to the O’Brien Burger and their hand-cut chips.
- JK’s – One of Danbury’s legendary restaurants known for their hot dogs and their burgers. Located at 126 South St. in Danbury, JK’s scores a 4.5 on Yelp.com. You must try their Hamburger Steak which includes tomato sauce, cole slaw, lettuce & tomatoes. It would be a sin not to order their seasoned curly fries with this meaty delight!
- Sycamore Drive-In – Another legendary eatery located at 282 Greenwood Ave. in Bethel features fast-food style thin burgers but they are to die for says Jim W. from Weston who, according to Yelp.com, ordered up an onion cheeseburger, a bacon cheeseburger, AND a chili dog with fries!
- Widow Brown’s Cafe – Yet another long standing top notch eatery in Danbury, Widows is my personal favorite restaurant for burgers. My fave, the Alpine Turkey Burger with sauteed mushrooms and swiss cheese. The Widows Salmon Burger is also outstanding.
- The Note Kitchen & Bar – I don’t mean to sound like a broken record but this is one of my favorite restaurants in the area. Located at 227 Greenwood Ave. in Bethel, this eclectic eatery features great service and an imaginative menu plus live music. My favorite burger is the Note Signature Burger topped with gorgonzola, bacon jam and pickled red onions. One more thing, the Lobster Mac n’ Cheese is food orgasm #2!
- Barnwood Grill – If you’re looking for a more upscale restaurant, the Barnwood Grill located at 5 Queen St. in Newtown is perfect. My favorite burger is their Natural Kobe Burger with caramelized onions, wild mushrooms, Vermont aged cheddar, truffle aioli on a toasted brioche roll.
- Black Angus Grill – When my wife, Mindy bit into her medium rare burger at Black Angus, she immediately said it was the best burger she had ever tasted. Barberie’s Black Angus Grill is located at 5 Eagle Rd. in Danbury across from the Holiday Inn. Out of 428 reviews on Trip Advisor, Black Angus scored a 4.5/5 and if you’re a steak lover like myself, GO THERE!
- Rosy Tomorrows – You had me at their New Englander Burger featuring pickled lobster meat, gouda cheese, caramelized onion, corn spread on an artisan roll, bermuda onion, tomato, lettuce, and a pickle. Rosy’s is located at 145 Old Mill Plain Road off Exit 2 of I-84 in Danbury. Rosy’s is the only restaurant I found that had its own Burger Menu.
- Olde 37 Patio and Grill – This awesome little eatery is in New Fairfield on 25 Route 37 just past the traffic light on the left where Route 37 intersects with Route 39. They feature outstanding grass fed burgers. Try the Olde 37 Burger with lettuce and tomato, Old 37 sauce, and cheddar on a rustic bun. My advice is to add bacon to your burger. Their soups are homemade and outstanding! They rate a solid 4/5 on Yelp.
Have you had a burger at a restaurant in the Danbury area that was simply outrageous? Let us know about it!