Waterbury’s Best Cheap Eats
Rachael Ray made herself famous with her show, $40 a Day. In Waterbury, you could eat like a king for $40! Here are my suggestions for eating on the cheap:
1. Los Garcia Mexican Fusion - 822 East Main Street. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, right? Well, look at the satisfaction on my face in the photo above. Los Garcia makes delicious, cheap Mexican food. I dream about their Flautas and Taco Al Pastor. Very highly recommended.
2. Ann's Deli - 1595 Baldwin Street - When a deli has been in business in the same location, with the same owners since 1983, Ann's is a Waterbury institution. They do it right, and everyone loves them.
3. Ami's Bagels - 111 Thomaston Avenue - Located in the Colonial Plaza, Ami's makes the most delicious bagels that I've ever had. No fuss, no frills, cash only. Damn good food.
4. Avventura - 72 America Street - Tucked away on a side street off of Highland Avenue near Mt. Carmel, Avventura Deli has been making Italian delicacies for quite a few years now. They never disappoint.
5. Top O' The Mornin' - 2740 South Main Street - If you're looking for a cheap, excellent breakfast or lunch, head to South Main and Top O' The Mornin'. No frills, no gimmicks, just eggs, pancakes, waffles, French toast, and the best friggin' corned beef hash you will ever have.
These are my choices. I'm sure that I've left out some beauties, as I quickly find out after posting my blog. Where are your favorite places for cheap eats in the Brass City?