Twitter Employee Shuts Off Trump Account on His Last Day
Twitter has launched an internal investigation after one of their employees shut down Donald Trump's Twitter account on his last day of work.
Forget the politics of this. Forget how you feel about Trump, elephants, donkeys etc. Let's just examine the awesomeness of pulling an epic prank on your last day of work. What would you do?
I guess the fallout all depends on your occupation. If you are a bag boy at Wegman's there are some pretty funny options. If you run a nuclear facility and decide to pull a prank people may not get your humor.
This one is easy for me. DISCLAIMER TO MY EMPLOYERS - I would never do this, I love this company. I love my job and even if I lost it, I would not want to burn bridges.
However, I have thought about this many times and these are the things I might do:
- Come in to the building at 3am.
- Tell whoever was here that I am relieving them. They would likely accept this relief. It's the middle of the night.
- Lock the door.
- Cue up "Conga" by Gloria Estefan and the Miami Sound Machine.
- Play "Conga" by Gloria Estefan and the Miami Sound Machine.
- Between playing "Conga" over and over again I would read obituaries from like the 1970's. After each one, I would talk about how much we miss that person.
- Then I would dedicate the next song (Conga) to the deceased
I would do this for 8-10 hours straight. I think that would grab a few headlines. It would also get the kind of laughs I love the most, my own. That's going out in a "Blaze of Glory."
Watch Lou's Funny Interview With the Artist Behind Bethel's Latest Mural: