Top Five Most Miserable Baseball Teams of 2016 [PHOTOS]
It's not all fun and games in every major league baseball city. Some teams haven't won a championship in years. Here are the Top 5 Most Miserable MLB teams.The sportingnews.com, has ranked the most miserable MLB teams of 2016 with a 'MLB Misery Index' chart. Here are the Top Five Most Miserable.
1. Colorado Rockies - Why the most miserable? We're talking seven winning seasons and three playoff appearances in 23 years. Wouldn't you be a little downtrodden? The worst a team can do on the 'MLB Misery Index' is 100. The Rockies were off the charts at 105.
2. San Diego Padres - The Padres had their 5th straight losing season in 2015, fired their manager, lost Wil Myers to injuries, and most likely will lose Justin Upton to free agency this year. The Padres get a 102 on the 'Misery Meter.'
3. Milwaukee Brewers - The Brewers have suffered through 19 losing seasons since 1986 and 12 straight from '93 to '04. Robin Yount and Paul Molitor might be the only two Brewer players you would remember over the last 30 years. The Brewers register a 101 on the 'Misery Meter.'
4. Miami Marlins - We're talking six winning seasons since they joined the league in '93. For whatever reason, Marlin management holds on to their good players for a year or two and then they're gone. Have the Marlins ever heard of the term, 'franchise players?' 'Misery Meter' index is at 99.
5. Seattle Mariners - Ken Griffey Jr., Randy Johnson, Edgar Martinez, Ichiro, and Felix Hernandez. That was then but this is now. They haven't made the playoffs since '01 and only 11 winning seasons over the last 30 years gives them a 'Misery Index' of 98.
I know you've been wondering where the Mets, Red Sox, and Yankees fall in the 'Misery Index.'
16. New York Mets - The Mets register an 80, which is a 'YIKES' on the 'Misery Meter.' The Amazings have had 14 winning seasons since '86.
2. Boston Red Sox - Let's all agree the Red Sox have rabid fans and now the 'Curse of the Bambino' has been lifted, plus the Red Sox aren't afraid to spend some cash to make them contenders. The Sox index score is a 'Not Bad' at 43.
1. New York Yankees - The Yankees are the winningest team in MLB which gives them an index score of 15 which is in the 'Blissful' range. Sure they've had some lousy seasons, but they remain consistent winners!