The Best Chicken Wings in CT
I've tried them all. Here are my 5 favorite places to stuff my face
The chicken wing. Simple, insanely tasty, and very easy to make. Or are they? There are many places, that I will not mention, that I will never order from again. But, in anticipation of The CT Wing Fest, which is coming Saturday January 30th to The Matrix in Danbury, here are my choices for best wings in CT.
5. 66 Church in Naugatuck. New kid on the block! I was very impressed with their wings recently. Choose from Frank's Red Hot, Jameson BBQ, or Roasted Garlic Parmesan. All are delicious.
4. Outback Steakhouse - Multiple locations. WHAT???! A chain restaurant?? You best your behind! I put it out there, Outback wings are excellent, they're breaded, and they have never disappointed me, which is rare, I'm easily disappointed with wings.
3. Wing It On - Waterbury, "Hard Hittin'" New Britain, and Meriden. Made fresh to order, these dudes know their wings. I've never been disappointed.
2. Ordinary Joe's - Oakville. Tucked away on Buckingham Street, you'll find my second favorite chicken wing in the Nutmeg State. Damn, they're good. Crispy, just the right amount of sauce, and made fresh all day and night, these are some of the best wings I've ever had.
1. J. Timothy's - Plainville. When you have to pre-order wings from a restaurant, you are doing everything right. J. Timothy's "Dirty" wings are a revelation. Twice cooked, and twice sauced, they're heavenly. Order 24, and you'll be back for more in an hour, they're that good.
Honorable mention: Bidwell Tavern in Coventry. It's been years since I've been there, so my memory is getting a bit fuzzy, but if they still make them like they used to back in the glorious 2000's, they're excellent.
There you go, my 6 picks for the best chicken wings in CT.
If you're a big fan like I am, come hang out with me and sample wings from all over CT and bordering NY at the CT Wing Fest - Saturday January 30th from 6-9PM at the Matrix Conference and Banquet Center in Danbury. Get your tickets by clicking HERE
Listen to Large Dave weekdays from 7PM to midnight on 95.1 FM, online at i95rock.com/listen-live/ or by downloading the RadioPup app for your mobile device.