The Popularity of Bacon in 50 States – Where Does CT Rank?
Thanks to Ginnys.com and their methodology, we now have a scientific study reflecting the popularity of bacon in each of the 50 United States.
Ginnys.com analyzed over 33,000 photos of bacon that were posted to Instagram to find out which states are bonkers for bacon, and which states don't give a crap.
THE TOP 10 STATES THAT ARE BONKERS ABOUT BACON
*The percentages indicate over or under the national average
1. Nebraska - +132%
2. West Virginia - +103%
3. Iowa - +83% - Iowa is the largest pork producing state in the country.
4. Colorado - +61% - A Denver restaurant called The Colorado Mine Co. offers a dish called the Fools Gold Loaf, which is a hollowed out and filled with jelly, peanut butter, and bacon.
5. Connecticut - +60% - I-95 presents The Bacon and Brew Fest on July 16, on the Green in CityCenter Danbury.
6. Missouri - +60% - Kansas City is home to the "Bacon Explosion", a dish made from sausage meat, bacon, and barbecue sauce.
6. Alabama - +54% - At the Olde 27 Grill in Fairhope, they sing to bacon as it cooks to add good vibrations to the meat.
7. Ohio - +54%
8. New Hampshire - +51% - One of the New Hampshire lottery tickets features a bacon scented scratch-off.
9. Wisconsin - +51%
10. North Carolina - +47% - Deep fried bacon wrapped twinkies are available at the North Carolina State Fair.
THE TOP 5 STATES WHO DON'T GIVE A BLAH ABOUT BACON
2. New York
5. New Mexico
We invite you and the rest of your neighborhood, friends, and family to our Bacon and Brew Fest on Saturday, July 16, from 3 PM until 9 PM on the Green in City Center, Danbury featuring live rock n' roll from the Georgia Satellites and Rick Derringer, along with ice cold craft beer and bacon in every way, shape, and form.