Summer Speed Traps to Avoid Throughout Western Connecticut
Summer is around the corner. It’s actually even closer than it is on the calendar, because we all know that summer officially begins on Memorial Day.
Windows down, sunroof open, music on, let’s cruise. Not so fast! I mean that literally. Not. So. Fast.
A lot of speed traps exist in the area, and in case you’re not sure about where they are, let’s list a few.
Some of the highways in the area have several points that you want to make sure that you’re not looking at a hefty fee and points on your license.
- I84 - Exit 2 both sides (unmarked silver cruisers)
- I84 - Exit 5 both sides
- I84 - Exit 6 Westbound & Exit 5 Eastbound *CT State Police also check seatbelts on ramps at Exits 4 & 5.
- Virginia Ave by Forest Ave or Fourth St
- Golden Hill Rd (marked and unmarked)
- Great Plain Rd - near farm area and old church
- Franklin St across from Ridgewood Country Club
- Route 7 near I84 exit 3- State Police sit at top of airport exit ramp and catch you after the overpass for the mall
- Nabby Rd near Federal Rd - Police usually at Discount Liquor and top of Nabby Road.
- Route 7 between Boardman Bridge and Rocky River Motel
- Route 7 Danbury Rd at Brookfield town line
- Route 7 near between Wal-Mart & Tractor Supply
- Pickett District - bus station parking lot
- Candlewood Lake Rd near Jerusalem Rd
- Sullivan Rd near Larson Rd
- Aspetuck Ridge Road near Wells Rd - NMPD sit in Beacon Reel Co driveway
- Route 202 between Northville Store and Chuck Wagon Restaurant
- I84 Exits 17 - 21. Usually two cars east and westbound and usually between 2-3:00pm
- North Main Street near North Main St & Chase Ave Crossing.
- South Main Street
- Route 7 Ethan Allen Highway near Ridgefield BMW
- Route 7 near Stonehenge Road
- Route 35 at CT/NY line
- Route 302 west of Dodgingtown
- Benedict Rd between Chimney and Hollyberry
- Intersection of Plumtrees and Walnut Hill
- Plumtrees near Little Red schoolhouse
- Plumtrees near Bethel Police Station
- Route 6 across from Target.
- I84 between exits 11 & 12
- Toddy Hill Rd near Clearview Dr
- Philo Curtis Rd
- Route 203 and Hattertown Rd
- Queen St
- Route 34 near Liberty Rd (police park in private driveway!)
- Currituck Rd near Signal Post Rd
- Route 302 Sugar Street
- Route 25 at ambulance station
- Toddy Hill Rd near Head O'Meadow School
- Mile Hill Rd