Study Confirms Backpacks Are Harming Kids
According to findings from a study published in TIME Magazine, backpacks are hurting our kids.
OK, this is nothing really new. We have been hearing about this since the early 2000s. It's not really surprising, and, of course, we should do all we can to protect our little ducklings from all the pain we can. However, it does afford us a great opportunity to play the game: "When I was a kid..."
- "When I was a kid, we didn't have air conditioning, we just blew in each other's faces to keep cool."
- "When I was a kid, you had to ride your bike to a store to play video games."
- "When I was a kid, you could not only smoke in a bar, but you could smoke right in a baby's face."
- "When I was a kid, we had one phone to share. It was hooked to the wall, and if you dropped it on one of your toes, you were going to lose that toe."
- "When I was a kid, a porn site was a shoe box filled with dirty magazines in a tree house."
- "When I was a kid, Pluto was still a planet."
- "When I was a kid, there was no Play 60 program. There was play 12, as in hours not minutes."
- "When I was a kid, they had a class in school called shop. We would go to school with ten fingers, and come home with a bird house and eight fingers."
What is your "when I was a kid" joke? Call the Ethan and Lou show tomorrow and share. The phone number is 203-775-9595.