8 Reasons Why Connecticut is So Awesome [PHOTOS]
I tend to bitch and moan about how expensive it is to live in Connecticut, but on the other hand, there are a bunch of reasons I do love it here.
1.Candlewood Lake is my passion! We're lucky enough to own a pontoon boat, which we use as often as possible. Having a boat on the lake is our "therapy." Watching the sunsets, hangin' out with our friends. There's just something about being on the water that brings us tranquility.
2. It's the only state in the entire U.S.A where you can chow down on legendary pizza from Pepe's, Sally's, BAR, and Colony Pizza.
3. Even though CT is part of New England, from where we live in New Fairfield, it's only a 90 minute ride to get to Manhattan, Yankee Stadium, and Citifield.
4. The fall foliage can be breathtaking.
5. The Connecticut Wine Trail...from Guilford to Clinton, Litchfield to Brookfield, Connecticut is one of the fastest growing wine regions in the United States.
7. Seafood, oh the seafood...check out some of CT's legendary seafood restaurants like Abbott's Lobster in the Rough in Noank, Fresh Salt at the Saybrook Point Inn, F.I.S.H in Stamford, and Lenny and Joe's Fish Tale in Westbrook, Madison, and New Haven.
8. The Bridgewater Country Fair...There ain't nothin' like this fair! The roast beef sandwiches are legendary. You've got your rides, livestock, pig races, and entertainment. It's also a great place for "people watchin'" too!