More Than 40 Companies Taking Part in the Danbury Veterans Career Fair
The companies that are taking part in the Danbury Veterans Career Fair at the Ethan Allen Hotel this Monday, June 1 from 11AM-3PM, already understand why hiring a vet is a wise move.
Why do vets make excellent employees? Here are some specific reasons from former Marine Sgt., Jon Davis, who completed two tours of duty in Iraq and is also a former hiring manager.
1. Veterans comes from a culture built of mission accomplishment.
2. Veterans have ingrained leadership talents.
3. Veterans take their responsibilities seriously.
4. Intuition is a skill that is valuable for any type of job and the military teaches it.
5. Veterans have an honest mentality and are not afraid to tell bosses if an idea might need another look.
6. Military people have an ingrained mission to get the job done.
7. Veterans know the meaning of hard work.
8. The government helps finance a veteran's education, so companies can be ensured the vet they've hired can consistently improve while on the job.
20/20 Air Mechanical, Banker's Life and Casualty, Cartus, ESPN, Global Partners, Kimberly Clark Corp and many others already know the reasons veterans make superb employees, and they will all be on hand this Monday at the Danbury Veterans Career Fair at the Ethan Allen Hotel in Danbury.
Click right here for all the specific info.
I also wanted thank my Dad for his service during World War 2.