Last-Minute Gift Ideas in Western Connecticut
It's Christmas week, and you're still shopping? Get it done with my help--
These would make me a happy boy this Christmas:
1. Ridgefield Playhouse tickets/gift card - If you've never been, the Playhouse is an excellent place to see a concert. It's about the size of a large high school auditorium, with a gorgeous stage and sound system. And they book national acts year-round. Here's some upcoming shows: Rock and Roll Hall of Famer Joan Jett and the Blackhearts on Valentine's Day February 14th, an evening with Broadway legend Joel Grey on February 19th, Tracy Morgan on Friday April 15th, or Seussical the Musical on Saturday April 9th. Very diverse, something for everyone, and a great local venue. Get someone tickets to the Playhouse.
2. Blackened Free Bird Chicken Nachos at Market Place in Woodbury - These taste better in the restaurant, so take your loved one to Market Place on Rt. 6 in the center of Woodbury, and buy them these nachos, because they are delicious.
3. Charms for a charm bracelet at Brighton Collectibles in Danbury Fair - Mrs. Large works there, and I hadn't heard of Brighton before she did, but I know all about it now. And what I also know is charms are a very personal gift to give someone. They have hundreds of different charms, pick out someting meaningful, and watch the smile appear.
4. Stuffed Shrimp from Tony & Sons Seafood in Oakville - Yes, stuffed shrimp. Not glamorous, and not something you can wrap up and put under the tree, but still, these huge shrimp are insanely good every time I've ever had them. Order a tray for someone's New Year's Eve party, and everyone will love you.
5. Cash, and a trip to Mohegan Sun Casino - Don't just gift cash, gift cash and take them to one of the greatest places in the Northeast US. Mohegan Sun casino is a city, and they have packed the place with entertainment for the whole family. The kids will love the arcade, the adults will love the casino and the bars, and everyone will love the diverse restaurants and the shopping mall. It's very easy to spend a whole day exploring and having fun at Mohegan Sun.
There you go, now get your shopping done!