Hudson Valley Haunted House Named the Scariest in the Country
Hauntworld.com recently released their Top 13 Scariest Haunts from across the country and guess which one was name #1?
came in at #1?Hauntworld features over 5,000 haunted house listings from coast to coast and Canada too. The top haunted house in all the land goes to 'The Headless Horseman Hayrides and Haunted Houses' located in the heart of the Hudson Valley in Ulster, New York, just a mere 1 hour and 23 minute drive from Danbury.
The ominous setting is a historic manor circa 1793 with 65 acres of orchards and rolling hills that is terrifyingly loaded with ghastly monsters, stunning illusions, and mind-numbing special effects. Before you make the decision to take that hayride, I would advise you to watch this video first. "Something is hiding in the darkness."
Do you dare climb aboard the 'Olde Crow Hollow Ghost Tour?' They say it's the ride of a lifetime, that is if you like the realm of Darkness. The #13 most scariest haunted house in the U.S.A according to Hauntworld is called, 'Bayville Scream Park' in Bayville, New York which is only 87 miles from Danbury. Here's the complete list of Hauntworld's 13 Scariest Haunted Houses in the country.
- Headless Horseman's Hayrides and Haunted Houses - Ulster, NY
- Field of Screams - Mountville, Pennsylvania
- The Dent Schoolhouse - Cincinnati, Ohio
- The 13th Gate - Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Netherworld - Atlanta, Georgia
- Nightmare on 13th - Salt Lake City, Utah
- Haunted Schoolhouse and Haunted Library - Akron, Ohio
- Bennett's Curse - Baltimore, Maryland
- Haunted Overload - Lee, New Hampshire
- Erebus - Pontiac, Michigan
- Hells Gate- Lockport, Illinois
- The Darkness - St. Louis, Missouri
- Bayville Scream Park - Bayville, New York