More Flash Flooding Possible in the Danbury, New York Area
The National Weather Service (NWS) has issued a hazardous weather outlook for July 8 in the Connecticut and New York area.
The NWS reports that:
THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR SOUTHERN CONNECTICUT...NORTHEAST NEW JERSEY AND SOUTHEAST NEW YORK. .DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT. SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING COULD PRODUCE LOCALLY HEAVY RAINFALL WITH A CHANCE OF FLASH FLOODING. .DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...THURSDAY THROUGH TUESDAY. THERE IS ALSO THE POSSIBILITY OF A MORE WIDESPREAD HEAVY RAINFALL WITH ANY SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS THURSDAY AND THURSDAY EVENING. AS A RESULT...THERE IS A CHANCE OF FLASH FLOODING IN THIS TIME FRAME.
According to the NWS' forecast, the weather will remain stormy until Friday, with a beautiful weekend ahead of us.
Here's their forecast for the rest of the week:
- This Afternoon - Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 3pm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 85. West wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Tonight - A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 3am, then a slight chance of showers. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 66. Calm wind becoming northeast around 6 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Thursday - A chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 2pm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Cloudy, with a high near 76. Northeast wind 3 to 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Thursday Night - A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Patchy fog. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 63. Light and variable wind. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Friday - Mostly sunny, with a high near 83. North wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm in the afternoon.