First Look at Connecticut Food Trucks & Festivals in 2017
One of the very first food trucks I remember as a kid in the late 50's was the ice cream man!
In the 60's, food trucks were called Roach Coaches according to mobile-cuisine.com. They would stop near construction sites all around the country. Specialized food trucks are now a popular dining option and have grown so popular that you're able to find 'Food Truck Festivals' all over the US.
Here are some of the 'Food Truck Festivals' scheduled for Connecticut this year.
- Westfield Meriden - Food Truck and Craft Fair on May 20 & May 21 in Meriden CT
- New Haven Food Truck Festival - June 3
- Newtown Food Truck Festival - Saturday, June 17 from 11am to 5pm
- Waterbury Brass Mill Center - Fireworks & Food Truck Fest July 2 from 2pm until 10pm
- Harwinton Family Food Truck Festival - June 25
Here are some of the finest food trucks in the greater Danbury area to keep an eye out for this summer.
- The Green Grunion - Kenosia Park(Danbury) - Mexican/Burritos
- Rice & Beans - Based in Danbury & Serving all of Fairfield County - 203-885-3863
- Catering By Roxanne - 35 Eagle Road(Danbury) - 203-512-1228
- Eggz - 45 Turkey Plain Rd(Bethel) - 203-814-9001
- Tony's Dog House - 330 Main St.(Danbury) - 914-468-4651
- Tivoli Mobile Pizza Truck - 79 Newtown Road(Danbury) - 203-667-3512
- Paradise Foods - Elephant's Trunk Flea Market(New Milford) - 203-456-5818