Danbury Set to Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day (Again)
If you missed celebrating St. Patrick's Day last Saturday, or perhaps you had so much fun you want to do it again, you'll have your chance this Sunday in Danbury.
So it may seem a little bit like the movie Groundhog Day, but this Sunday in Danbury, it'll be St. Patrick's Day all over again. To celebrate, the Greater Danbury Irish Cultural Center is hosting the annual St. Patrick's Day Parade. The parade steps off at 3:00 pm in front of St. Peter Church on Main Street.
There will be lots of wearing of the green. Plus, there will be bands, bagpipes, floats and marchers, they'll all be making their way down Main Street, up to West Street, then on to Lake Avenue. The parade will wrap up at the Greater Danbury Irish Cultural Center.
The Irish Cultural Center will serve corned beef sandwiches, hot dogs, desserts and beverages, and admission to the after parade event is free and will include live music and Irish step dancing.
The parade is sponsored by the Ancient Order of Hibernians.
Have a happy and safe St. Paddy’s Day — Again.
Read More Local Stories:
- Five Danbury Area Restaurant Dishes Perfect as Leftovers
- Once Thriving Pleasure Beach Is Connecticut's Newest Ghost Town
- 5 Things That Will Make People in Greater Danbury Angry
- One of CT's Biggest Celebrities Had Two Close Encounters with Bears
- Danbury Mayor Mark Boughton Addresses Health Concerns Live On Air
The Official Rules of the American Handshake:
Lou's Hilarious Commercial for Olive Garden's Meatball Pizza Bowl: