Cheesy Xmas Lights Tour? [VIDEO]
Some of you might remember back in the day when "Omelette" was my morning show partner, we used to rent a limo bus and take various listeners out on a Greater Danbury area, "Cheesy Xmas Lights Tour." It should have been called, "Let's Get Hammered With Some Listeners Tour."
Thanks to Patch.com, here's a guide to where you can catch some awesome Xmas lights around Connecticut. Alcohol not included.
1. Pacheco Family Musical Light Show: You can find this holiday lighting extravaganza at 45C Belmont Circle in Danbury, 06810. The display features 32 channels of LOR, over 7,000 lights, while Xmas tunes are playing!
2. Lake Compounce Theme Park: Lake Compounce is at 186 Enterprise Drive in Bristol CT 06010 where there are shows every half hour at the main gate featuring thousands of lights set to holiday music. Indoor and outdoor activities including ice carving, kiddie land and family themed rides and new this season, a 100 foot tall decorated tree with thousands of lights and decorations. There is an admission charge.
3. Main Street Danbury: Mayor Mark Boughton has transformed Danbury back into the 1950's with his retro lights and decorations all up and down Main Street. Experience the beauty for yourself by taking a walk through Danbury's business district. All we need is some snow flurries to make it perfect.
4. Hawleyville Fire Department Holiday Light Show: Located at 34 Hawleyville Road in Newtown, this magnificent display can be seen up until January 8th from 5pm until 11pm. There are over 15,000 lights synchronized to your favorite holiday songs.
5. The Companik Family Light Show: Located at 104 Tracy Ave. in Waterbury this display of 35,000 lights set to music is a spectacle you must see! Find out the history and story behind their show by clicking on the website and then sample their video to get a preview.