Greater Danbury Drives Look to Ease Critical Blood Emergency in Connecticut
If you or someone you know has ever had the need for emergency blood, you know how very important it is for the supply to be there. The American Red Cross says we are currently in a blood emergency situation.
According to the American Red Cross, the need is so critical it’s gotten it’s own hashtag
A release from the American Red Cross says:
The American Red Cross is facing a blood shortage and today issued an emergency call for eligible individuals to donate blood or platelets as soon as possible. Blood and platelet donations are being sent to hospitals faster than donations are coming in. In fact, donations have fallen short of expectations for the past two months, resulting in about 61,000 fewer donations than what is needed.
Locally you can do your part this week and next:
- Blood Drive, Wednesday July 12 at the First Church of Christ Congregational in Redding located at 25 Cross Highway, from 12:45 – 6 p.m.
- Blood Drive, Friday July 14 at Raymour and Flanigan, 14 Candlewood Lake Road in Brookfield from 1 p.m. – 6:15 p.m.
- Blood Drive, Monday July 17 at Union Savings Bank, 226 Main Street, Danbury from 11 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Blood Drive, Tuesday July 18 at the New Fairfield Company A Volunteer Fire Department, 302 Ball Pond Road, from 1:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Blood Drive, Wednesday July 19 at Danbury Hospital, 24 Hospital Avenue running from 7:30 a.m. – 5:50 p.m.
Please do all you can to help, and please share this information around to everyone you know.