Downtown Back-to-School Block Party Hooks Up Danbury Families
The calendar says that “back-to-school” time is all but upon us.
Back-to-school is a phrase that most parents love and most kids hate. The inevitable is right around the corner, though, and one local group wants to make sure all kids are outfitted with new supplies and back packs too.
Even if your child dreads the start of school, they all want to go back with new stuff. Not every family can make that a reality, so kudos to Chase Caldwell and his company, One Plug Entertainment, for putting this event together for local kids and their families.
Beats, Books & Backpacks (Back to School Block Party) is a supply drive for the greater Danbury school area. Join the party on Saturday, Aug.19 from 10 AM – 2 PM on the CityCenter Danbury Green for this family event that will include a live DJ, Food Trucks, vendors, dancing, yoga, the Danbury farmers market and more.
While you’re digging the fun, you’re also encouraged to drop off a new back pack, school supplies, even clothing and toiletries for Danbury Public School families.
If you can’t make it to the event, but you’d still like to help, there are various drop box locations available until Aug. 15 at the following locations
- New England Country Day School (Next to Cartus) – 27 Kenosia Ave,
- Orange Theory Fitness Danbury (Next to Black Angus) – 7 Eagle Road
- The Village at Brookfield Common (Next to Costco) – 246A Federal Road
- Christie & Company Hair Salon (Just Past Danbury High School) – 129 Padanaram Road
- Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa (Next to Panera Bread) – 143 Federal Road
Thanks in advance for helping out local families in need, and enjoy a great day of togetherness in downtown Danbury too.
- The Best Local Food Trucks Introduce Danbury’s ‘Downtown Chow-Down
- Danbury Farmers Market Gets Bigger and Better on the CityCenter Green
- CityCenter Danbury Announces Its 2017 Summer Concert Lineup