5 Unique Weekend Getaways in Connecticut
There are a variety of stunning hotels and B&B's in Connecticut but most of them come with a hefty price tag. Check out five unique alternatives.
1. The Inn at Kent Falls - I've lived in CT for 37 years and even I didn't know this magic little place existed. Reminiscent of a 1700 inn, this quiet B&B has been updated to suit 21st century travelers. Located 2 miles north of Kent, the inn features 4 suites and several queen sized rooms, some with fireplaces. Trip Advisor labels it the best B&B in New England.
2. New Fairfield Motel - Obviously not the Hyatt, but this quaint little motel is located 2 miles from Candlewood Lake on Rt.39 in New Fairfield, this 13 room family owned motel is quiet, clean, and comfortable and is only about 1 mile from Squantz Pond State Park. If you're thinking about renting a pontoon boat for the day, it's only an 11 mile drive to Echo Bay Marina in Brookfield.
3. Thimble Islands Bed and Breakfast - This blog's most well known unique getaway, Thimble Islands is located in Branford on Long Island Sound. The Inn only has two rooms and wait till you see the breathtaking views of the sound.
4. Airbnb Hideaway in Barkhamsted - This hideaway home in Barkhamsted received 32 perfect reviews from happy renters. Used by many as a skiers retreat, this architectural masterpiece is located in the northwest hills of Litchfield county. Click HERE for all the details and pricing for this Airbnb rental.
5. Rodeway Inn - If $200 a night for a place to sleep doesn't work for you, the Rodeway Inn in Stratford might be your answer. For $79/night you're close by Long Island Sound, Long Beach, and Short Beach. Out of 162 reviews, this budget conscious Inn received a 'very good' rating.