5 Places Celebrating Cinco De Mayo in Greater Danbury
Ok, first of all, Cinco De Mayo is NOT Mexican Independence Day. You're thinking of Sept. 16. Cinco De Mayo, Spanish for the fifth of May, actually celebrates Mexico's victory over France in the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862.
Cinco De Mayo isn't even celebrated that much in Mexico. America celebrates way harder for Cinco De Mayo.
Here's a cool 1:09 video and article from CNN that tells you why, and everything you need to know about the holiday. We'll use just about any reason to celebrate so here are five local places celebrating Cinco De Mayo this week.
On Tuesday, May 5:
Fajitas & Margaritas - 129 Danbury Rd. New Milford, CT 06776 (860) 355-7340
- $3 shots of tequilas , $5 Margaritas
- Live music
Arturo’s - 52 Pembroke Rd. Danbury, CT (203) 746-8777
- Free Giveaways ( t-shirts , tequila)
Las Mananitas Fine Mexican Cuisine - 1250 Route 22 Brewster, NY (845) 279-4646
- $25 All You Can Eat buffet (click here for the menu)
- Cash bar beer and drink specials
Salsa Fresca - 109 Federal Rd. Danbury, CT (203) 456-3448
- Giveaways, Free guacamole or queso with purchase of meal.
Thursday, May 7:
Harley Davidson of Danbury Cinco De Mayo Bike Night - 51 Federal Rd, Danbury, CT, 5-8 pm (203) 730-2453
- $15 per ride, $10 per passenger
- Food, drinks, live music (food and drinks are free if you RSVP)
- All makes and models welcome
- Hang out with Ethan from i95's Ethan & Lou Morning Show