10 Things You Don’t Understand Unless You’re From Connecticut
Every state across the country is unique because of their own special distinctive characteristics. You know someone's from Connecticut when___________.
1. They know how to pronounce, NEW HAVEN, NEW BRITAIN, WOLCOTT
*Emphasis is on the second syllable and Wolcott is pronounced 'Wool-ket'
2. They eat their lobster roll with BUTTER not mayo.
3. They know they're eating a GRINDER, not a hoagie, or a sub, or a wedge. It's a grinder.
4. They know what and where CHICKEN ROCK is.
5. They go, or have gone, apple picking every fall.
6. They've heard the scary story of the White Lady.
7. They own a pair of boat shoes. You don't need a boat to own a pair of Sperry's.
8. They've taken the drunk train home from Grand Central at 2 AM.
9. They still wear their Hartford Whaler's jersey, hoping and praying that the Whalers return to Connecticut.
10. They live in fear of hitting a deer or being hit by a deer while driving at night.
If you'd like to add one of your own, You Know Someone's From Connecticut When__________________. feel free to drop it in the comments section.